The STEM Center of South Texas will be the partner of choice for regional school disticts and their goals of developing STEM and STEAM-based instructional programs to serve all students in South Texas.
The STEM Center of South Texas will transform teaching and learning in science, technology, engineering and mathematics through:
- designing and implementing new methods for buiding both educator and administrator capactity
offering K-12 products and services to support STEM literacy among the bilingual/bicultural communities; and
fostering strategic partnerships among P-16, industry, parents and community to promote access, attainment, and achievement measures for all students
Lead the transformation of instructional delivery, teacher and administrator preparation, and instruction in secondary science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) as well as STEAM literacy in the elementary utilizing the following TEA adopted College and Career Readiness Models ( CCRM):
Disseminate promising practices and research-based strategies for integrating STEM teaching and learning for all student populations including English language learners, bilingual, migrant, and special needs learners.
Support all students through career exploration events, content intervention camps, and STEM enrichment activities to promote academic excellence.
Increase the number of students pursuing postsecondary studies in science, technology, engineering, and math.
- Increase the number of students completing high school capstone project experiences.
- Increase the number of middle school female student experiences in the areas of computer science and engineering.
- Increase the number of early childhood educator experiences in the areas of STEAM, computer science, and engineering.
- Increase the number of special education educator experiences in the areas of computer science and engineering.
Collaborate and engage business and community partners to advance and sustain STEM-related regional initiatives.