All South Texas students will be prepared to compete successfully in a globalized economy.
The STEM Center of South Texas will transform teaching and learning in science, technology, engineering and mathematics through:Goals
- Lead the transformation of instructional delivery, teacher and administrator preparation, and instruction in secondary science, technology, engineering, and math.
- Disseminate promising practices and research-based strategies for integrating STEM teaching and learning with an emphasis on bilingual and second language learners.
- Prepare students for careers in a global economy by improving student achievement outcomes in math and science focusing on the bilingual and English Language Learners.
- Increase the number of students pursuing postsecondary studies in science, technology, engineering, and math.
- Collaborate and engage business and community partners to advance and sustain STEM-related regional initiatives.