ECI Transition at Age 3The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act of 2004 (IDEA 2004), Section 616(b)(2)(B), requires states to collect data from LEAs for State Performance Plan (SPP) indicators 1-14 in order to report data for the State Performance Plan / Annual Performance Report.
State Performance Plan (SPP) Indicator 12 is a percentage of students referred by Part C / Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) prior to age 3 who are found eligible for Part B / District Special Education Services and who have an IEP (Individualized Education Program) developed and implemented by their third birthday.
- Counts should cover the entire school year. For this data collection, the 2016-2017 school year is defined as July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017.
- Report only the children for whom the evaluation process was completed between July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017.
- Report children who are transitioning from Part C (ECI) to Part B (Special Education) under SPP 12 (Early Childhood Transition Timelines).
- Report all children who have been served in Part C (ECI) and referred to Part B for Part B eligibility regardless of when the district receives the referral from Part C (ECI).
All districts are required to report data into application (State Performance Plan) SPP 12 by accessing TEASE
The LEA Certifier is responsible for assuring that the data is accurate and therefore, must be knowledgeable of the process. The district data entry agent and LEA certifier will enter district data collectively when necessary. Once entered and complete, the LEA certifier will certify the data. Every district must have a complete and certified status regardless of whether the district has no data to enter. If a district has no data to enter a zero should be entered into the application before the data collection is certified.
Data Submission Window
- Opening date for the application is TBD
- Closing date for application is TBD