What is Early Childhood Data System?Early Childhood Data System is the collection of both PK and KG student data, which includes both student demographic and assessment data. ECDS allows schools and parents to gauge how well kindergartens and prekindergartens are preparing students for school, and especially for reading. ECDS provides performance data that administrators can track from year to year to follow their schools' progress. ECDS is formerly known as the Kindergarten Readiness System (KRS). ECDS is the first of several state and federal reporting collections that will be integrated into TSDS.2018-2019 ECDS Public PK and KG DocumentationClick here to view Recording of Workshop # 91926 ECDS PK/KG Technical Training 11/01/2018.
- 2018-19 TEDS Section 10.pdf
- ECDS Submission 2018-2019 Guide - Includes step-by-step instructions to load ECDS files.
- ECDS Q and A.docx Updated 05/16/2018
- ECDS Reports 101.doc
Be sure to Register for upcoming Workshop #91930 ECDS PK/KG Technical TrainingSupplemental Documentation
- TSDS Incident Management System (TIMS) - Instructions on Requesting TIMS Access
- ECDS Converter/Validation Tool - Review converter tool provided by TEA; review generated Texas Education Data Standards (TEDS) interchange files
Program ContactsTechnical ContactsDiana Pérezdperez@esc1.net
- ECDS Data Loading (using the Data Transfer Utility (DTU) ,eData Manager (EDM) - Review the use of the Data Transfer Utility and eData Manager to submit TSDS XML interchange files to TEA. Learn the installation of the DTU, process and procedures for submitting ECDS files.
(956) 984-6096Sergio Saenz(956) 984-6090