What is Early Childhood Data System?Early Childhood Data System is the collection of both PK and KG student data, which includes both student demographic and assessment data. ECDS allows schools and parents to gauge how well kindergartens and prekindergartens are preparing students for school, and especially for reading. ECDS provides performance data that administrators can track from year to year to follow their schools' progress. ECDS is formerly known as the Kindergarten Readiness System (KRS). ECDS is the first of several state and federal reporting collections that will be integrated into TSDS.2017-2018 ECDS Public PK and KG Documentation
2016-2017 ECDS Public PK and KG Documentation
- Be sure to Register for upcoming Workshop # 64819 AND 64825 ECDS PK/KG Training
- TEA Early Childhood Data system (ECDS) To The Administrator Addressed Correspondence letter 02/06/2017
- TEDS Section 10 ECDS State Reporting and ECDS Template
- New ECDS PEIMS Elements 2016-2017.pdf
- ECDS Submission 2016-2017 Guide - Updated 05/04/2017 - Includes step-by-step instructions to load ECDS files.
- HB 4 Grantees 2016-2017
- Recorded Webinar: Workshop #61048 02/17/2017 2016-2017 ECDS Collection
- Recorded Webinar: Workshop #60378 05/05/2017 2016-2017 ECDS Collection (fast forward to Minute 4)
- TSDS Incident Management System (TIMS) - Instructions on Requesting TIMS Access
- ECDS Converter/Validation Tool - Review converter tool provided by TEA; review generated Texas Education Data Standards (TEDS) interchange files
Program ContactsTechnical ContactsDiana Pérezdperez@esc1.net
- ECDS Data Loading (using the Data Transfer Utility (DTU) ,eData Manager (EDM) - Review the use of the Data Transfer Utility and eData Manager to submit TSDS XML interchange files to TEA. Learn the installation of the DTU, process and procedures for submitting ECDS files.
(956) 984-6096Sergio Saenz(956) 984-6090