Texas Requirements: Evaluation Process for Licensure:
Criteria for eligible individuals:
SBEC Approved School Library Certification Programs
- Two years of classroom teaching experience from a public or private accredited school.
- Successful completion of a school library media preparation program that meets Information Power standards.
- Hold a master's degree from an accredited institution.
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Assessments (NBPTS) are accepted for certification testing requirements in Texas.
- Approved Educator Programs for School Librarian EC-12
(Select School Librarian from list.)
ALA accredited programs (library degrees with a variety of certifications)
AASL School Librarianship Education Programs (school librarian certification only)
Houston State University
College of Education; Department of Library Science
of Houston at Clearlake
School of Education