We will consider requests to assist your district, cooperative or charter school teams with assistive technology evaluations.
1) In order to assist you with an AT evaluation, your district or campus team must have already collected some evidence of an AT evaluation with the student for whom you request assistance. (It is helpful to remember that AT evaluations are often ongoing and not a one time occurrence.)
2) A completed Student Referral Guide (see below) must be submitted to Marguerite Hornéy at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail or in person to the Region One AT Lab.
3) After receiving the request for assistance, we will schedule a date and time to come to the student's campus to provide the AT team with on-site technical assistance as they work with the student. (We will not be conducting the evaluation, but will be providing support and recommendations.)
4) Individuals who typically work with the student should be present for the entire evaluation session. This includes teaching assistants, related service personnel, and teachers working with the student. We encourage parents or guardians to attend.
5) The district team should designate one individual to be the notetaker for the evaluation so that all pertinent evaluation data is collected and recorded.
6) We will require 30 minutes before the evaluation to review the student's eligibility folder on-site.Student Referral Guide (right click to download this Word document to your Desktop)This document must be completed and submitted to the Region One Assistive Technology Program for assistance with a district AT evaluation. Be sure that you attached any communication boards that the student currently uses or work samples collected during your evaluation.The requesting district, special education cooperative or charter schoolmust be a current member of the VI/AT Teams Project.