EMAT closes April 8, 2016 and will reopen April 25, 2016
Announcement from TEA:"The educational materials ordering system known as EMAT will close on April 8, 2016. EMAT will reopen for school districts to order instructional materials for the 2016−2017 school year on April 25, 2016.
"If you have any questions, please contact the Instructional Materials and Educational Technology Division at (512) 463-9601 or via email at email@example.com."
EMAT Instructional Materials Allotment Resources
Important Points to Remember
- Instructional materials and disbursements will be requested by districts through the Educational Materials System (EMAT).
- Districts will request State Board of Education-adopted materials and Commissioner-adopted materials through EMAT, and the instructional materials allotment will be reduced by the value of the requested materials.
- Disbursement of funds for instructional materials not on an adopted list, technological equipment and technology-related services will also be requested by a district through EMAT and the instructional materials allotment will be reduced by the amount of the disbursements.
- Districts need to carefully consider all allowable uses for the district’s allotment and budget the money over the two-year period.
- Districts will no longer be eligible to earn textbook credits. Textbook credits that were earned from previous years will be added to a district’s allotment.
- New legislation transfers ownership of instructional materials from the state to the local district.