Getting startedStarting Points:Think about:
Let's start with who you are?
- Who you are ?
- What are you interested in learning about?
- Where do you see yourself in the future?
What are your interests:
- Are you a person that wants to be on a big campus?
- Do you want to a attend a school in the area or maybe you want to study outside of Texas?
- Are you looking for small classes where the professor knows your name and not just by your student ID number?
- What do you want to learn about?
Where do you see yourself in the future?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What kind of career can you see yourself in?
- What kind of education are you looking for?
- How much time would you like to spend pursuing your education?
- Certificate (usually 6 - 18 months)
- Associate's Degree (2 years)
- Bachelor's degree (4 - 6 years)
Bottom Line: What do you want to be when you grow up?
- It's a lot to think about
- Remember to ask questions of an academic counselor, career counselor or a admission counselor
- You CAN do it!
- Congratulations in taking the first steps to your future
Last Modified on November 20, 2006