SubHub Benefits for Districts
- Increased quality of substitute teachers
- All substitutes are trained via Region One ESC’s Substitute Teacher Certification Academy which uses research-based training materials from Utah State University.
- Increased quantity of substitute teachers
- The substitute pool doubles since substitutes from other district will also be available to help substitute teach.
NOTE: Current district substitute teachers can be given preference for job assignments if district so desires.
- Maximize use of federal/state funds, thereby freeing up local funds for other uses
NOTE: XYZ ISD spent $?????? local monies on substitute teacher salaries last year.
- Decrease hiring and administrative costs
- Recruiting, screening, criminal history background checks, training, etc. are incurred by the ESC.
- Elimination of payroll costs
- Retirement, W-2 distribution, unemployment insurance, and workman's compensation are no longer handled by the district.
- Integration with Payroll Systems
- Manage teacher absences with “real time” reports
- These reports are available to administrators to note who is absent and if a substitute has been found.
- Decreased FLSA liability due to absences
- Substitute calling is automated and secretaries will no longer work on weekends/evenings trying to find substitute teachers.
- Compliance with the Affordable Care Act
Please contact Dr. Michelle Zuniga, Director-SubHub/TutorHub, at 956-984-6174 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.