School Librarian Certification
School Library Media Certification by State
School Librarian Certification (Texas Administrative Code)
Texas Requirements: Evaluation Process for Licensure:
Criteria for eligible individuals:
SBEC Approved School Library Certification Programs
- Two years of classroom teaching experience from a public or private accredited school.
- Successful completion of a school library media preparation program that meets Information Power standards.
- Hold a master's degree from an accredited institution.
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Assessments (NBPTS) are accepted for certification testing requirements in Texas.
- Approved Educator Programs for School Librarian EC-12
(Select School Librarian from list.)
ALA accredited programs (library degrees with a variety of certifications)
- Texas Woman's University - School of Library and Information Studies
- University of North Texas - College of Information; Department of Library and Information Sciences
- University of Texas at Austin - School of Information
AASL School Librarianship Education Programs (school librarian certification only)
- Sam Houston State University - College of Education; Department of Library Science
- University of Houston at Clearlake - College of Education
Last Modified on November 14, 2019