Bilingual/English as a Second Language
Title III, Part A: English Language Acquisition
The Bilingual/ESL/Title III, Part A program provides professional development and technical assistance for districts that promotes compliance with state and federal policy guidelines for educating English learners (ELs) and offers innovative and high quality services that are designed to advance the progress and performance of ELs. Additionally, district members of the Region One ESC Title III, Part A Shared Service Arrangement receive direct services and support aligned to the purposes and intent of Title III, Part A of the Every Student Succeeds Act.
- Professional development and support for the preparation of educators whose students would benefit by obtaining certification in Bilingual and/or ESL instruction.
- Information sharing regarding state and federal policy guidelines
- Timely communication of pertinent information via Bilingual/ESL/Title III, Part A Director’s Meetings, phone calls, guidance documents, site visits, and webinars
- Workshops, academies, and conferences
- Customized solutions to exactly meet districts’ needs
CONTACT USKarina E. Zuno-Chapa, M.Ed.Director of Language Proficiency, Biliteracy, and Cultural Diversity956-984-6246Leticia Sánchez, M.Ed.Title III Coordinator956-984-6193Felicia Salinas, M.Ed.Bilingual/ESL Specialist956-984-6118Program Assistant956-984-6238Like us on Facebook