EMAT Instructional Materials Allotment Resources
Important Points to Remember
- Instructional materials and disbursements will be requested by districts through the Educational Materials System (EMAT).
- Districts will request State Board of Education-adopted materials and Commissioner-adopted materials through EMAT, and the instructional materials allotment will be reduced by the value of the requested materials.
- Disbursement of funds for instructional materials not on an adopted list, technological equipment and technology-related services will also be requested by a district through EMAT and the instructional materials allotment will be reduced by the amount of the disbursements.
- Districts need to carefully consider all allowable uses for the district’s allotment and budget the money over the two-year period.
- Districts will no longer be eligible to earn textbook credits. Textbook credits that were earned from previous years will be added to a district’s allotment.
- New legislation transfers ownership of instructional materials from the state to the local district.
Last Modified on November 19, 2020