Region One ESC, at the local level, supports the efforts of the Texas Education Agency (TEA) School Improvement (SI) Division. The School Improvement Division supports the state’s goal to improve low-performing schools by reviewing, evaluating, monitoring, and intervening with campuses and their districts to ensure excellence in education for all students. The major responsibilities of the division include monitoring and interventions for state accountability, federal accountability, and dropout prevention.
The Office of School Improvement (SI) at Region One supports district and campus leaders as they implement the Effective Schools Framework (ESF), implement state and federally required accountability interventions and engage in continuous school improvement. The SI team supports campuses in School Improvement in the following ways:
- Accountability Interventions - Guidance and resources specific to campuses that have chosen to engage in interventions, support, and funding with the School Improvement Division through the ESF-Focused Support Grant or the Title I, 1003 School Improvement Grant.
- Required Trainings - Annual Effective Schools Framework (ESF) Overview and Targeted Improvement Plan (TIP) Development trainings in August and September for school leaders that are required to attend as part of state and/or federally required accountability interventions.
- Technical Assistance - Guidance and feedback throughout the year to campus leadership teams as they submit Targeted Improvement Plans (TIPs) and progress updates to TEA.
- ESF Diagnostic - Facilitate the ESF Diagnostic Process for campuses that are required to complete the process and those that opt-in to a diagnostic.
- District Coordinator of School Improvement (DCSI) Academy - Developing a network of DCSIs throughout Region 1 to share best practices and build capacity.
- Customized Support - Training, guidance and coaching for district and campus leaders in ESF-aligned school improvement strategies by district request.
Please contact us if you have questions about School Improvement.
Ruben DegolladoDirectorCenter for Excellence in School Turnaround(956) 984-6185(956) 332-3685Rosey GuerraEffective Schools Lead(956) 984-6145Arlene LongoriaEffective Schools Lead(956) 984-5122Francene PhoenixEffective Schools Lead(956) 984-6027Aminta SilvaEffective Schools Lead(956) 984-6147Benjamin MaciasSpecialist Evaluation & Assessment (Information Analytics)(956) 984-6234Deborah McMillinProgram Assistant(956) 984-6258