AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDERS
The Autism Spectrum Disorders Program provides all members of our educational community with research-based professional learning opportunities. These sessions enable districts to meet the state requirements delineated in the Texas Statewide Leadership for Autism Training (TSLAT). Whether you receive training online or in person, our sessions connect program educators to a network aimed at providing supports for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Services are offered as appropriate to educators, administrators, counselors, students, parents, and school board members.
- District, School, and Educator Improvement
- State Accountability Support
- High-Quality Professional Learning Opportunities
- Student, Parent, and Community Support
- Collaborative Partnerships for Student Success
This program provides access to highly skilled professionals in support of school system efforts to ensure the highest levels of quality education is accessible to all gifted students. Our mission is to promote and achieve educational excellence by providing quality professional development that leads to the development of innovative products and performances as part of Special Education program services. We collaboratively develop customized training and support solutions with Region One area districts/campuses.
Our Teaching and Learning Support Services:
- Educator Training on research-based effective instructional strategies
- Parent workshops
- On-site training and consultation for School Districts and Charter School Systems
- Resources for school and district improvement
- TSLAT (txautism.net)
- TARGET – Texas Autism Resource Guide for Effective Teaching (txautism.net/target)
- Autism Learning Library
- Autism online courses in English and Spanish
- Autism video library
- General resources
- Training resources
- Transition resources
- Statewide and national resources
NOTE: Additional services in support of students with Autism Spectrum Disorders are available through other Region One ESC departments. Contact us today to learn more about all of our offerings!
CONTACTSTerri McGinnisSpecialist(956) 984-6228Marissa ChavanaProgram Assistant(956) 984-6241
Free webinar offerings to support remote learning are located at: www.esc1.net/elearning
We curate resources and share information in Newsletters. Click here to request information.