TEXAS LESSON STUDY
Texas Lesson Study (TXLS) is job-embedded professional development. Teachers work collaboratively in small groups to develop, teach, evaluate, and revise a research-based lesson. Through this process, teachers analyze data, research best practices, create a formative assessment, and develop a thorough lesson that aligns with T-TESS and the Effective Schools Framework.
During the 2019–2020 spring and fall semesters, Region One ESC will facilitate TXLS Professional Development as part of the Texas Education Agency Strategic Plan 2019–2023. The purpose of the program is to train and support administrators and teachers in effectively implementing TXLS with fidelity. Region One ESC area school districts will be selected to participate in TXLS at no cost.
The teacher-designed lessons, videos of the lessons, and information about the TXLS program are available on the Texas Gateway.
- No Fee
- Teacher participants receive stipends if the team's lesson is submitted for publication on the Texas Gateway
- Invited districts agree to fully support the project dedicating time, space, and resources as needed
- A two-year commitment is required
TXLS Application Forms
To submit an application, please complete the indicated form and submit to Ms. Gloria Vela.
- Current Campus Application: This form is for campuses that participated in TXLS during the 2018-2019 school year.
- New Campus Application: This form is for campuses that are new to TXLS professional development.
Region One ESC Lesson Study
Region One ESC is separately offering Lesson Study at select campuses. To learn more about the Region One ESC Lesson Study professional development process, click here.
TX Lesson StudyGloria Domenica Vela, Education SpecialistBrownsville Extension Office(956) 984-6151
Region One ESC Lesson StudyKelly K. Vanhee, AdministratorOffice of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment(956) 984-6151Region One ESC offers TX Lesson Study and Lesson Study as separate services. TX Lesson Study is a TEA initiative and varies slightly from the Region One ESC Lesson Study professional development program. This page contains information pertinent to TX Lesson Study.