Texas Teacher Evaluation and Support System (T-TESS)
The Texas Teacher Evaluation and Support System (T-TESS) is the Texas Education Agency-recommended appraisal process created to evaluate teachers and establish a system of support. T-TESS is directly correlated to the Texas Teacher Standards, and is designed as a model for providing teachers with ongoing, timely feedback and establishing a culture of continuous improvement. The T-TESS rubric consists four domains with specific dimensions, descriptors, and performance levels. T-TESS facilitates the process of every teacher being supported and encouraged to grow professionally.Region One ESC hosts three-day T-TESS trainings throughout the year. See schedule to the right.Please note the following when registering for a T-TESS training:
- All training sessions will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m.
- Sessions are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- You must attend all three sessions consecutively to receive credit for the training. For example, you cannot miss Day One and attend Day Two and Day Three.
- Due to the nature of the training and certification process that will follow, it is imperative that all participants be present during the sessions. If you miss a portion of a session for any reason, you may be asked attend a make up session after the training or attend another full day session.
- T-TESS is a face-to-face training.
For more information, you can log onto Teach for Texas website at https://teachfortexas.org
- All participants will be charged $475.00 for the training.
- Submit a district purchase order via fax at (956) 984-7636.
- If you are paying for the training personally, payments must be received at least 3 weeks prior to the training date. Please submit a cashier's check or money order from H-E-B or Wal-Mart. Payments are to be made payable to Region One ESC.
Director- Center for Leadership Excellence
firstname.lastname@example.orgElena OviedoProgram Assistant/ Bookkeeper956-984-6038FAX 956-984-7636
Note: All trainings will be offered virtually through a Zoom session, not face-to-face.
See Appraisal Schedule below.
NOTE: T-TESS Appraisers, please click on note/link below for the latest information on T-TESS Recertification (see the Certification Test tab).