Texas Principal Evaluation and Support System (T-PESS)
The Texas Principal Evaluation and Support System (T-PESS) is the principal evaluation system recommended by the Commissioner starting in the 2016-2017 school year. T-PESS is aligned to the Texas Principal Standards and its purpose is to assess a principal's performance based on those standards. T-PESS is to be used as a systematic annual cycle. It is a seven-step process: Orientation, Self-assessment and Goal Setting, Pre-evaluation Conference, Mid-year Meeting, Consolidated Performance Assessment, End-of-year Performance Discussion, and Final Evaluation and Goal Setting.Region One ESC hosts one-day T-PESS updated rubric trainings throughout the year.View or download the 2023 - 2024 Appraiser Training Schedule below:Please note the following when registering for a T-PESS training:
- All training sessions will begin promptly at 8:30 a.m.
- Sessions are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- You must attend all three sessions consecutively to receive credit for the training. For example, you cannot miss Day One and attend Day Two and Day Three.
- Due to the nature of the training and certification process that will follow, it is imperative that all participants be present during the sessions. If you miss a portion of a session for any reason, you may be asked attend a make up session after the training or attend another full day session.
- All participants will be charged $395.00 for the training.
- Submit a district purchase order to Dalia Gracia at email@example.com.
- If you are paying for the training personally, payments must be made via Pay Pal with a credit card.
For more information on T-PESS, you can log onto the T-PESS website tpess.org
Aminta SilvaCoordinatorCenter for Leadership Excellence956-984-6262Dalia GraciaProgram Bookkeeper956-984-6038FAX 956-984-7636
Note: Trainings may be offered virtually or face-to-face.
NOTE: T-TESS Appraisers, please click on note/link below for the latest information on T-TESS Recertification (see the Certification Test tab).