Texas Principal Evaluation and Support System (T-PESS)
The Texas Principal Evaluation and Support System (T-PESS) is the principal evaluation system recommended by the Commissioner starting in the 2016-2017 school year. T-PESS is aligned to the Texas Principal Standards and its purpose is to assess a principal's performance based on those standards. T-PESS is to be used as a systematic annual cycle. It is a seven-step process: Orientation, Self-assessment and Goal Setting, Pre-evaluation Conference, Mid-year Meeting, Consolidated Performance Assessment, End-of-year Performance Discussion, and Final Evaluation and Goal Setting.Region One ESC hosts one-day T-PESS updated rubric trainings throughout the year. See schedule to the right.Please note the following when registering for a T-PESS training:
- All training sessions begin promptly at 8:00 a.m.
- Sessions are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- You must attend the entire session to receive credit for the training.
- If you miss a portion of a session for any reason, you may be asked attend a make up session after the training or attend another full day session. Due to the nature of the training and certification process that will follow, it is imperative that all participants be present during the sessions.
- T-PESS is a face-to-face training.
- All participants will be charged $350.00 for the training.
- Submit a district purchase order via fax at (956) 984-7636.
- If you are paying for the training personally, payments must be received at least 3 weeks prior to the training date. Please submit a cashier's check or money order from H-E-B or Wal-Mart made payable to "Region One ESC".
For more information on T-PESS, you can log onto the T-PESS website http://www.tpess.org/
Director- Center for Leadership Excellence
firstname.lastname@example.orgElena OviedoProgram Assistant/ Bookkeeper956-984-6038FAX 956-984-7636
Note: All trainings will be offered virtually through a Zoom session, not face-to-face.
See Appraisal Schedule below.
NOTE: T-TESS Appraisers, please click on note/link below for the latest information on T-TESS Recertification (see the Certification Test tab).