Become a Teacher - Let's Get Started!
Now that we find ourselves in a greater shortage of teachers, Project P.a.C.E. recruitment efforts search for second career professionals or first-generation college graduates any time of the year.
FIND A CERTIFICATION AREA THAT INTERESTS YOU!
The approved state-level shortage areas for the 2022-2023 school year are:
- Bilingual/English as a Second Language – Elementary and Secondary Levels
- Special Education – Elementary and Secondary Levels
- Career and Technical Education – Secondary Levels
- Technology Applications and Computer Science – Elementary and Secondary Levels
- English Language Arts and Reading - Elementary and Secondary Levels
- Mathematics - Secondary Levels
- Science - Secondary Levels
Texas has requirements that must be met before you may be certified as a teacher. We will evaluate your transcript with you and help you learn the certification and assessment requirements for the area in which you wish to teach. The first requirement for the P.a.C.E. Program is you must hold a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institute of higher education. If the transcript review does not indicate the appropriate number of hours of successful course completion in the core area, P.a.C.E. applicants pursuing certification in core subject areas will need to take and pass the appropriate TXPACT exam that corresponds with the content of interest.
ALL LEVELS (EARLY CHILDHOOD—GRADE 12)
- Music EC-12 (177)
- Physical Education EC-12 (158)
- Special Education EC-12 (161)
- Theatre Arts EC-12 (180)
EARLY CHILDHOOD - GRADE 6
- Core Subjects EC-6 (391) with Science of Teaching Reading
- Bilingual Education Supplemental - Spanish (164)
- BTLPT - Spanish (190)
- Science of Teaching Reading (293)
- Core Subjects 4-8 (211) with the Science of Teaching Reading
- English Language Arts/Reading 4-8 (217) with Science of Teaching Reading
- English Language Arts/Reading and Social Studies 4-8 (113) with Science of Teaching Reading
- Science of Teaching Reading (293)
- Mathematics 4-8 (115)
- Math and Science 4-8 (114)
- Science 4-8 (116)
- Social Studies 4-8 (118)
- English Language Arts/Reading 7-12 (231)
- Mathematics 7-12 (235)
- Math and Physics
- Science 7-12 (236)
- Social Studies 7-12 (232)
The Trade and Industrial Workforce Training certificate is related to Career and Technical Education. These certificates require two to five years of full-time wage-earning experience within the past ten years. An applicant seeking certification in Health Science or Trade and Industrial Education shall submit a Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) for approval to offer formal admission and program training.
In addition, CTE certifications may be added by exam to a valid classroom teaching certificate with verified work experience and current licensure.
CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION GRADE 6-12
CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION GRADE 8-12
- Hospitality, Nutrition, and Food Sciences
- Human Development and Family Studies
This link will connect you to a list of CTE certifications: https://tea.texas.gov/Texas_Educators/Certification/Career_and_Technical_Education
Click here to learn more about the Region One ESC CTE Program.
Click the map/link to access the TEA Website containing current Educator Preparation Program (EPP) information for the Region One ESC area. Scroll under the EPPs in Texas header and click on REG 01 EDUCATION SERVICE CENTER.
Top 5 Districts where Graduates Teach:
1. IDEA PUBLIC SCHOOLS
2. LA JOYA ISD
3. HARLINGEN CISD
4. PHARR-SAN JUAN-ALAMO ISD
5. MCALLEN ISD
New Cohort Starting Now!
Division of Administrative Leadership, School, and Community SupportNaomi ArnoldProject P.a.C.E. Program and Certification SpecialistOffice: 956-984-6101Cindy BarreraProject P.a.C.E. Program BookkeeperOffice: 956-984-6036Linda Rodriguez, DirectorEducator Preparation ProgramsOffice: 956-984-6037Hours of Operation:Monday - Friday8:00 AM - 5:00 PM