The SBOE issued Proclamation 2021 at its June 2019 meeting to call for English and Spanish PreKindergarten Systems. The adoption of materials under Proclamation 2021 is scheduled to occur in November 2020. The adopted materials are scheduled to go into classrooms in the 2021–22 school year.
To nominate yourself or someone else to serve on the Proclamation 2021 state review panel, complete and submit the Educator Committee Application. TEA will notify candidates of their appointment to the panel in March 2020, and the panel will convene in Austin in summer 2020.
Samples of materials submitted for consideration will be available for public viewing at TEA and each of the 20 education service centers beginning April 2020.
The SBOE requires that all Proclamation 2021 pre-adoption samples of instructional materials submitted for adoption be made available to the public. Samples are only to be accessed for review purposes and may not be reproduced without the consent of the publisher.
Pre-Adoption Samples Available for Public ViewingInstructional materials pre-adoption samples under Proclamation 2021 can be viewed onsite at Region One ESC, 1900 W. Schunior Street, Edinburg, TX 78541. Instructional materials will be available for viewing during the normal school year and summer months according to the following schedule:Monday - Thursday9:00 AM - 4:00 PM - By appointment onlyFridayBy appointment onlyContact Fabiola Fuentes by email or phone if you wish to make an appointment to view any samples.Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: 956-984-6072
Proclamation 2020 calls for instructional materials for the following subject areas:
Proclamation 2021 Timeline
- April 2020 - Pre-adoption samples available (Region One will make samples available in digital format when available)
- Spring/Summer 2020 - The state review panel evaluates instructional materials submitted for adoption
- October 2020 - The List of Instructional Materials Recommended for Adoption Under Proclamation 2019 is posted on the TEA website
- Novermber 2020 - SBOE takes action regarding materials submitted under Proclamation 2019
- December 2020 - The List of Instructional Materials Adopted Under Proclamation 2019 is posted on the TEA website
- April 2021 - School districts and open-enrollment charter schools that have funding available may begin submitting orders for new instructional materials through EMAT