Proclamation 2022 (Issued April 2020 (PDF)
Proclamation 2022 Publishers with Materials Under Consideration (PDF)
The SBOE issued Proclamation 2022 at its April 2020 meeting to call for Health and Physical Education instructional materials. The adoption of materials under Proclamation 2022 is scheduled to occur in November 2021. The adopted materials are scheduled to go into classrooms in the 2022–23 school year.
The Texas Education Agency is encouraging highly-qualified people to apply to serve on the Proclamation 2022 state review panel in summer 2021. Please apply or nominate someone else to serve.
Samples of materials submitted for consideration will be available for public viewing at TEA and each of the 20 education service centers beginning April 2021.
The SBOE requires that all Proclamation 2022 pre-adoption samples of instructional materials submitted for adoption be made available to the public. Samples are only to be accessed for review purposes and may not be reproduced without the consent of the publisher.
Pre-Adoption Samples Available for Public ViewingNOTE: To remain in compliance with 19 Texas Administrative Code, §66.39, sample copies of instructional materials under consideration for adoption must be made available to the public at TEA and each of the twenty ESCs. The instructional system samples were required to be provided in the final format that will eventually be provided to districts. To help ESCs meet this requirement while limiting access to their facilities, TEA has requested permission from publishers to host digital access to the materials on the TEA website.You may post this link as a means of providing public access to the instructional sample materials without the need for face-to-face interaction. Please note that you should only be using the URL above. The End User License Agreement is bypassed by navigating directly to the sample webpage.Instructional materials pre-adoption samples under Proclamation 2022 can be viewed onsite at Region One ESC, 1900 W. Schunior Street, Edinburg, TX 78541. Instructional materials will be available for viewing during the normal school year and summer months according to the following schedule:Monday - Thursday9:00 AM - 4:00 PM - By appointment onlyFridayBy appointment onlyContact Adriana Samuel by email or phone if you wish to make an appointment to view any samples.Email: email@example.comPhone: 956-984-6072
Proclamation 2022 calls for instructional materials for the following subject areas:
- Physical Education
The State Board of Education approves a cycle for the review and adoption of instructional materials. The adoption cycle is available on the TEA website.
Proclamation 2022 Timeline
- April 2021 - Pre-adoption samples available (Region One will make samples available in digital format when available)
- Spring/Summer 2021 - The state review panel evaluates instructional materials submitted for adoption
- October 2021 - The List of Instructional Materials Recommended for Adoption Under Proclamation 2022 is posted on the TEA website
- November 2021 - SBOE takes action regarding materials submitted under Proclamation 2022
- December 2021 - The List of Instructional Materials Adopted Under Proclamation 2022 is posted on the TEA website
- April 2022 - School districts and open-enrollment charter schools that have funding available may begin submitting orders for new instructional materials through EMAT