Industry Based Certifications
Timeline for Submission for Students Who Earned 2019-2020 IBCs.
HB 3 College Preparation Assessment Reimbursements - Governor’s Office
In accordance with section §418.016 of the Texas Government Code, the Office of the Governor has granted TEA’S request to temporarily suspend the Texas Education Code, Section §39.0261(a)(3). TEA asserts that strict compliance with these laws could prevent the state from reimbursing the cost of the TSI, ACT, or SAT exams as they intended to do under House Bill 3 (86R). This suspension is in effect until terminated by the Office of the Governor or until the March 13, 2020 disaster declaration is lifted or expires.
Eligible Students for Reimbursement
Seniors who take either the SAT, ACT, or TSIA from September 1, 2019 - August 31, 2020, are eligible for reimbursement.
- Juniors who take either the SAT, ACT, or TSIA from January 1, 2020 - August 31, 2020, are eligible for reimbursement.
As a reminder, college preparation assessments reimbursements will go to the district for the cost of one assessment per student. TEA will reimburse the highest-cost exam to the district. An updated FAQ with additional guidance will be posted on the College Preparation Assessment Reimbursement webpage as new information becomes available.
HB 3 IBC Reimbursements
Similarly, districts can get reimbursements for IBCs earned from September 1, 2019-August 31, 2020. IBCs earned from September 1, 2019 - May 31, 2020, will be reported in Summer Submission 3. IBCs earned from June 1, 2020 - August 31, 2020, will be reported in Fall Submission 1. We have released the first version of the IBC reimbursement FAQ and will provide additional guidance on the webpage as they come.
- Full Guidance can be found on page 4 of this document.
- Industry-Based Certification FAQ
Companies Are Working to Allow for Remote IBC Testing:
- If you offer an IBC in your district, reach out to the company you utilize for details.
- Note, there are some challenges with testing if students are not on a desktop or laptop that is camera capable. (Chromebooks are not able to be utilized for most testing.)