Each year, the Region One ESC Assistive Technology Project provides a wide range of technical support and professional development services to local school district personnel, parents, community agencies and students. These services include supports with student evaluations, classroom consultations, equipment loan library and professional development workshops.
All of these services are directed toward building local school districts’ capacity to provide assistive technology devices and services to students with disabilities.
The ultimate projected outcomes of these services are:
• To improve instruction through increasing educator knowledge of assistive technology devices and services;
• To increase student achievement through providing access to appropriate assistive technology devices and services:
• To assist school districts to operate effectively and efficiently.
Technical assistance can be provided through:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone conversations: 956-984-6157
- Video conferencing (appointments are set through email)
- Onsite visits (Requests for on-site consultation specific to a student should be made through email)
*Please secure permission from the special education director and campus principal prior to on-site technical assistance.