Overview of edTPA
The EducationTeacher Performance Assessment (edTPA) is a performance-based assessment recently adopted by the SBEC as Texas's new pathway to teacher licensure. The edTPA will be used by Texas educator preparation programs (EPPs) to measure the skills and knowledge that all teacher candidates and interns must demonstrate their readiness for a full-time classroom teaching assignment.
Linked here the TEA has released an edTPA "To Administrator Addressed" letter for school districts which contains information about edTPA and Student Privacy.
The edTPA Architecture
To complete the edTPA, candidates apply what they have learned from their coursework about research, theory, and strategies related to teaching and learning by providing artifacts documenting teaching and learning in a learning segment lasting approximately one week in real classrooms and commentaries explaining, analyzing, or reflecting on the artifacts.The edTPA portfolio is organized according to three connected tasks of teaching:
- Provide evidence of beginning teacher's classroom readiness from day 1 to teach and to help all students learn
- Improve K-12 student outcomes
- Improve the information base guiding improvement of teacher preparation programs and informing teacher education practice
- Be used for teacher licensure and program accreditation (along with other measures)
- Lower frustration of new teachers to retain them in the field
- Getting Started
- edTPA Support for Candidates Webinar Series: A Guide to Completing edTPA
- Making Good Choices
- Understanding Rubric Level Progressions
- Posing Probing Questions
- edTPA Video Permission Forms and Artifacts
- AACTE | edTPA.aacte.org
- Cooperating and Mentor Teacher Webinar Series
- Guidelines for Acceptable Candidate Supports
New Cohort Starting Now!
Division of Administrative Leadership, School, and Community SupportNaomi ArnoldProject P.a.C.E. Program and Certification SpecialistOffice: 956-984-6101Cindy BarreraProject P.a.C.E. Program BookkeeperOffice: 956-984-6036Linda Rodriguez, DirectorEducator Preparation ProgramsOffice: 956-984-6037Hours of Operation:Monday - Friday8:00 AM - 5:00 PM