ABOUT OUR PROGRAM
The Texas Workforce Commission through Region One Educational Service Center Adult Education Program to provide comprehensive services to AEL students to gain the skills they need to enter the Texas Workforce.
Our AEL program helps participants gain functional English literacy and numeracy skills. These skills help to increase employment and career readiness. These skills help to increase employment, obtain high school equivalent and post-secondary certifications.
Among adults, the ability to read, write and understand basic math are important factors in both education and employment. Literate people increase their chances for improved employment through an industry level certificate or college education.
The Region One ESC Adult Education Program provides the opportunity for adults to achieve their education and career goals.
- Acquire Adult Basic/Secondary Education (ABE/ASE)
- Receive a High School Equivalency Certificate (HSE)
- Prepare for the Citizenship Exam through English Language Civics (EL Civics)
- Acquire occupational skills training and adult education for the workforce (IET)
- Acquire the English Language (ESL)
- Gain college and career readiness awareness and skills will be integrated into all levels of the adult education program.
- Develop workplace literacy
MULTIPLE CLASS SITES
AVAILABLE ACROSS WILLACY, HIDALGO AND STARR COUNTIES
Rio Grande City