2023 Cyber Calendar Contest
To encourage participation in Cybersecurity Awareness Month activities and the MS-ISAC Kids Safe Online Contest, Region One ESC challenges District and Charter K-12 students in Region One to submit a drawing depicting a Cyber Awareness related topic. The 12 best drawings from grade groups K–5, 6–8, 9–12 will be selected to be used as a 12-month Region One Cybersecurity Awareness Calendar to be distributed to District and Charter School offices in Region One. The winning entries will also be entered in the National MS-ISAC contest.
For the inaugural 2022 Region One Cybersecurity Calendar, over 40 students submitted drawings for the competition. 12 winners were selected and their artwork can be viewed here. The 12 Region One winners were submitted to the National MS-ISAC "Kids Safe Online" contest. Of all entries received nationally, MS-ISAC selected two Region One student drawings as winners of the National contest to be included in the "Kids Safe Online" activity book.
2023 Calendar Contest Updates
Region One students did it again! For the 2022-2023 contest, 3 students from Region One won national recognition.
2023 MS-ISAC National contest winners from Region One: Deangelo, 5th Grade | Mission ISD Victoria, 5th Grade | Mission ISD Michael, 10th Grade | Mission ISD
Below is the timeline that we followed for the contest. Thank you to all the students that submitted drawings and congratulations to the 12 winners. Calendars will be delivered to the winners the week of Dec. 19th. Details for the 2024 calendar contest will be added to this page in the summer of 2023.
- Oct 1 – Nov 4 : K12 Students work on entries for contest
- Nov 4 : All contest entries are due (ISO)
- Nov 7 – Nov 11 : Setup entries for judging, eliminate ineligible entries, judge final entries and choose best 12 (ESC Calendar Judges)
- Dec 7: Send to print 24 posters for winners (1 for student 1 for teacher)
- Dec 7 - Dec 8: Add winning entries to calendar first draft, review and edits to calendar (images, spelling, dates, cyber comments, etc.) (ISO & PMC)
- Dec 9: Review final draft, correct any additional findings to final draft, announce winners on this web page. (ISO & PMC)
- Dec 12 - Dec 16: Print and assemble calendars, 84 completed calendars due by Dec. 16.
- Dec 19 – Dec 20: In person visit with calendar winners, deliver final calendars. (ISO)
- Dec 19: Mail out calendars to all 44 Region One District/Charter superintendents. (ISO)
- Dec 22: Send Region One winners to MS-ISAC for National Competition.
PMC = Office of Partnerships, Marketing, and Communication
ISO = Information Security Office
The twelve winners below have been selected to have their artwork used in the 12-month Cybersecurity Awareness calendar for 2023. Calendars are being finalized and printed. Each winner, their classroom, and school office will receive a calendar.
Congratulations to all the winners and a big thank you to all the students that submitted artwork!
(For questions regarding this project, please contact: Daniel Ramirez - firstname.lastname@example.org)
2023 Region One Cyber Calendar Contest Winners: Daleyza, 3rd Grade | Mission CISD Michael, 3rd Grade | San Benito CISD Monserat, 4th Grade | Mission CISD Deangelo, 5th Grade | Mission CISD Victoria, 5th Grade | Mission CISD Natalie, 6th Grade | Donna ISD Jamie, 7th Grade | Donna ISD Miranda, 7th Grade | Donna ISD Michael, 10th Grade | Mission CISD Learsi, 11th Grade | Mission CISD Abigail, 12th Grade | Mission CISD Destiny, 12th Grade | Mission CISD
2022 MS-ISAC National contest winners from Region One: Ana Alicia, 8th Grade | United ISD Jacob, 11th Grade | United ISD
The Region One Cybersecurity Calendar competition will continue to be a yearly tradition, encouraging Region One K-12 students to #BeCyberSmart and show others how to be Safe and Secure online.
The 2023 Cyber Calendar contest is now closed.
Download the instructions and entry form below, to participate in the 2023 Region One Cybersecurity Calendar contest. The contest is open from October 1, 2022 through November 4, 2022.
- 2022 Region One Cyber Calendar Winners
- 2022 MS-ISAC Cybersecurity Awareness Natl. Poster Contest Texas winners | Texas Department of Information Resources
- Keep Your Kids Safe Online with Our 2022 Activity Book (cisecurity.org)
- Cybersecurity Awareness Month 2022 Governor's Proclamation | Texas Department of Information Resources