Autism Spectrum Disorders
The Autism Spectrum Disorders Program provides all members of our educational community with research-based professional learning opportunities. Whether you receive training online or in person, our professional development sessions aim to provide educators with quality supports for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Services are offered as appropriate to educators, administrators, counselors, students, parents, and school board members.
- District, School, and Educator Improvement
- State Accountability Support
- High-Quality Professional Learning Opportunities
- Student, Parent, and Community Support
- Collaborative Partnerships for Student Success
This program provides access to highly skilled professionals in support of school system efforts to ensure the highest levels of quality education is accessible to all gifted students. Our mission is to promote and achieve educational excellence by providing quality professional development that leads to the development of innovative products and performances as part of Special Education program services. We collaboratively develop customized training and support solutions with Region One area districts/campuses.
Our Teaching and Learning Support Services:
- Educator Training on research-based effective instructional strategies
- Parent workshops
- On-site training and consultation for School Districts and Charter School Systems
- Resources for school and district improvement
- General resources
- Training resources
- Transition resources
- Statewide and national resources
The Texas Statewide Leadership for Autism Training (TSLAT) offers FREE, accessible autism resources for educators and families! Visit txautism.net to learn about our Autism Circuit Academy and teacher toolkit, TARGET manual, over 90 online courses, video gallery with parent, expert, and teacher interviews, Strategies-in-Action, mentoring guides, statewide conference, blog, and more. Visit the Contact Us page to connect with your regional autism specialist. Start learning today!
- TSLAT (txautism.net)
- TARGET – Texas Autism Resource Guide for Effective Teaching (txautism.net/target)
- Autism Learning Library
- Autism online courses in English and Spanish
- Autism video library
NOTE: Additional services in support of students with Autism Spectrum Disorders are available through other Region One ESC departments. Contact us today to learn more about all of our offerings!