Migrant Education ProgramThe Migrant Education Program (MEP) supports school districts in ensuring quality education programs for migratory children are provided. The MEP helps ensure that migratory children who move among the states are not penalized in any manner by disparities among states in curriculum, graduation requirements, or state academic content and student academic achievement standards. Our program delivers direct support to parents, teachers, and administrators for public/non-public districts and charter districts. MEP offers staff development, training, and technical assistance to schools participating in an approved Texas Migrant Program.
- Migrant services coordination
- Migrant Early Childhood support
- Graduation Enhancement Programs(GEM)
- Identification and recruitment of Migrant students
- New Generation System(NGS) for transfer of migrant student data
- MEP Parent Advisor workshops, summit, and parental supports
- Phone and onsite technical assistance