Welcome to theDivision of Instructional SupportCurriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
@ESC1_SCI_SSOur Purpose:The Social Studies program at Region One Education Service Center is committed to providing high quality research-based training and support to grow educators and support academic excellence for all students.
Our Teaching and Learning Support Services:
- Educator training on research-based effective instructional strategies in Social Studies
- On-site training and technical assistance for school districts and charter school systems
- Resources for school and district improvement
- TEKS Resource System
- Customized Instructional Coaching
- Customized District, School, Classroom training, monitoring, reporting and analysis services
The goal of the Region One ESC Social Studies program is to assist teachers to develop historical and geographical thinking in students by emphasizing inquiry, critical thinking, integration of continuous professional development, and technical assistance.
The Social Studies programis available at your service. Please contact us:Liana Lopez, Director956-984-6154Jose J. Saenz, Specialist956-984-6172Kelly Salinas, Specialist956-984-6065Zabrina Mettlach,Program Assistant956-984-6242
Last Modified on May 22, 2023