Campus and districts should not post access information online to any of the ESC One Virtual Library resources below!
ESC One Virtual LibrarySingle-sign on eResource management system
Will automatically log you into all cooperative databases with
the exception of Brain Hive.
State Funded Databases
Provided to cooperative
eBook Collections and
General Content All Levels
Articles and Websites for K-8
Book & Author Resources
TexQuest Resource Guide
Online Reference CollectionHomework Help Sites
- Awesome Library - over 26,000 carefully reviewed sources organized for students, teachers and parents
- BJ Pichbeck's Homework Helper - links to resources to help students with their homework
- Dictionary.com - search dictionaries, a thesaurus, or the web; site includes daily puzzles, a translator, and other language resources
- Fact Monster from Information Please - reference site for student ages 8-14 that provides educational resources: reference center includes an encyclopedia, a dictionary, an atlas, and several almanacs
- Great Sites for Kids by American Library Association - high-quality resources selected by librarians
- Homework Spot - resources are organized into categories for elementary, middle and high school
- Info Please Homework Center - categories include Subjects, Skills and Reference Sources
- ipl2: Information you can trust - the merged collections of resources from the Internet Public Library (IPL) and the Librarians' Internet Index (LII) websites. Includes the following categories: Resources by Subject, NewsPapers & Magazines, Special Collections created by ipl2, For Kids, and For Teens.
- iTools - quick access to the best Internet searching tools
- Kahn Academy - offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. Tackle math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics, and more. Math missions guide learners from kindergarten to calculus using state-of-the-art, adaptive technology that identifies strengths and learning gaps. We've also partnered with institutions like NASA, The Museum of Modern Art, The California Academy of Sciences, and MIT to offer specialized content.
- Kathy Shrock's Guide to Everything - hundreds of links for teachers and students
- Kids.gov - the U.S. government's official web portal for kids: sites are categorized according to school subjects
- Knight Cite - access to online citation help.
- Merriam Webster Word Center - includes a dictionary and thesaurus, daily buzzwords and games
- National Geographic Education - includes Homework Help for families, students and kids and teaching resources for teachers and informal educators
- New York Times Learning Network - Student Connections Grades 6-12 - selective guide to the Internet for students
- Nobel Prize Internet Archive - maintains information on all Nobel Prize winners in all categories
- PBS Learning Media -site is FREE. Create a personal account and access classroom-ready lessons and videos in all subject areas
- Pics4Learning.com - a safe, free image library for education; use the copyright-friendly photos and images for classrooms, multimedia projects, websites, and videos
- refdesk.com - indexes quality Internet sites according to grade levels; includes HomeworkHelp, Ask an Expert, and several other sections
- The Texas Success Initiative Assessment/TSI - better known as the TSI test, is a program which determines the appropriate level of college course work for an incoming student. The TSI test consists of three separate exams: Mathematics, Reading, and Writing
- Aesop's Fables Online Collection - includes over 660 fables indexed in table format
- American Folkfore - collection of American folklore including myths and legends, tall tales, ghost stories, and famous characters
- Bartleby.com - great books online
- Between the Lions - companion site to the PBS series featuring children's literature
- Grammar Rock - from Schoolhouse Rock, provides catchy tunes and lyrics for grammar practice
- Guide to Grammar and Writing - comprehensive guide includes definitions, examples, quizzes, and an Ask Grammar section
- The Poets' Corner - searchable comprehensive poetry collection
- Purdue's Online Writing Lab - contains handouts, workshops, and links to other writing sites
- English Grammar - free video lessons, exercises and much more
- Storyline Online -sponsored by the Screen Actor's Guild. Listen to 10-15 minute narrated children's books read by popular actors. Activity guide book included
- Starfall - service to teach children to read in PK-Grade 3.
- ExploreMath.com - interactive math simulations; requires free site membership
- History of Mathematics Archives - collection of biographies of famous mathematicians
- Math2.org - find many math tables and links to mathematics sites
- Harcourt Multimedia Math Glossary - animated math glossary for grades K-5
- Martindale's Calculators Online - over 18,500 calculators, from science and math to arts and crafts
- Math Archives - Topics in Mathematics - links to Math resources on the web organized by topic
- The Math Forum Student Center - ask Dr. Math a question or find resources on all topics relating to math
- Mathworld - comprehensive and interactive math resource
- Mega-Mathematics - brings unusual and important mathematical ideas to school children
- Mrs. Glosser's Math Goodies - features interactive math puzzles, activities, and worksheets
- Multiplication Rock - from SchoolHouse Rock, learn the multiplication tables
- Math Quizzes - provides math quizzes for teachers and students. You can create a quiz and select the range of numbers you'd like to use. Students can grade the quiz online and generate new problems for more practice.
- Cool Math 4 Kids - Math lessons and fun games for kindergarten to sixth grade, plus quizzes, manupulatives, brain teasers, and more.
- Cool Math - online cool math lessons, cool math games and fun math activities. Really clear math lessons (pre-algebra, algebra, precalculus, calculus).
- Cool Math Games - brain-training site, for everyone, where logic & thinking & math meets fun & games.
- Eric Weissteins World of Scientific Biography - find biographies of scientists and mathematicians
- Extreme Science - find world records, homework help, and fun science facts
- Invention Dimension - makes learning about invention fun and wacky
- Science Education Gateway - gateway to the wonders of astronomy and space
- Science Buddies - science fair project ideas and project guides
- Science Fair Theme Page - links to Internet sites with information about science fair projects
- Science Net - search scientific topics by subject or alphabetical browse
- Science Rock - from SchoolHouse Rock, learn scientific concepts with catchy lyrics and tunes
- Smithsonian Institution: Science and Technology - take a virtual tour of Smithsonian museums and exhibits; includes activities and resources
The Why Files - explores science behind the news
- Online Colleges Library: Chemistry For Kids - chemistry guide for kids
- Science360 Knowledge Network - immerses visitors in the latest wonders of science, engineering, technology and math. The latest science videos provided by scientists, colleges and universities, science and engineering centers, the National Science Foundation and more.
- America Rock - from SchoolHouse Rock, learn about history and government. Includes top 100 sites for teachers.
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids - resources that teach how our government works and other learning tools for students
- CIA's Kids' Page - read about the CIA, play some games and solve some puzzles.
- CIA World Fact Book - maps, flags, country profiles, statistics and more for all the countries of the world
- Library of Congress: America's Story -interactive site for students; American History from the Library of Congress
- Online Exhibits - Texas State Library and Archives Commission - online exhibits on important topics in Texas history
- Smithsonian Institution - History and Culture - take a virtual tour of Smithsonian museums and exhibits; includes activities and resources
- Smithsonian's History Explorer - a listing of useful Web sites related to American History
- US Census Fact Finder - source for U.S. population, housing, economic, and geographic data
- The White House for Kids - history of the White House, tours, and information about the first family
- Artcyclopedia - find artists, information on art movements, art articles, and links to other art sites
- Artsconnected - The Artists Toolkit: Visual Elements and Principles - interactive site that explores the tools that artists use to create works of art; includes an art encyclopedia
- National Gallery of Art - visit one of the finest art collections in the world. Includes the National Gallery of Arts for Kids
- Smithsonian Institution: Art and Design - take a virtual tour of Smithsonian museums and exhibits; includes activities and resources
- Eric Weissteins's Treasure Trove of Music - comprehensive encyclopedia of musc
- Music Education at Data Dragon -learn to read music, learn about music instruments and music genre, and ask questions about music
- Ricci Adams' Musictheory.net - comprehensive music theory site; includes lessons, trainers, utilities, and downloads
- Dole 5 a Day - information for students on how to stay healthy and fit
- FDA Kids' Site - inforamtion from the U.S. Food & Drug Administration for students and teachers include a science curriculum for middle and high school students, help for students writing a school report, and more.
- Kids Health - health articles, fun features, and interactive learning activities for kids
- Medline Plus Health Information - good medical information from the National Library of Medicine
- President's Challenge - You're It. Get Fit! - program that encourages all Americans to become active as part of their every day lives
- Conjuguemos - French, German, Spanish, and Latin verb conjugation program
- The French Tutorial - French lessons for beginners
- The Human Languages Page - resources related to language learning, education, and use
- Learn Spanish - Spanish lessons for beginners
- Mi Tarea - homework help page in Spanish
- My Spanish Dictionary - free online Spanish resources
- Spanish Flashcards - Spanish practice for beginners
TravLang - Foregin Languages for Travelers - resources in over 80 languages; includes dictionaries, translators, and language lessons
Digital Dialects Language Learning Games - interactive games for learning languages
- Duolingo - Learn a new language for FREE! Create a personal account and study at your own pace.
Over 20 languages available.
- Kids Hub - online interactive learning center for elementary school students
- High School Hub - online learning center for high school students; offers homework help, current events, learning activities, reference resources and research tools, and games and puzzles
- Sumdog - provides engaging learning and practice in math for children aged 5-14, and literacy (reading & spelling) for children aged 5-11.
- Discovery Education Puzzlemaker - Create and print customized word search, criss-cross, math puzzles, and more-using your own word lists
Report Broken Links To: firstname.lastname@example.org